We are now all aware of the influence social media can have on you business and how some business tap into this better than others and make significant gains over their competitors by using the latest techniques in boosting rankings and gaining followers through social media.
Of course a fancy website will help you attract clients but you need to be found where you prospective clients are looking, using free social media updates and connecting these with your website is by far the best way to achieve this.
We get asked a lot about social media and how to connect this all up this is my small guide to improving your footfall to your website or service.
So here is my top 10 essential things to do to boost your online presence.
- Start a face book page this should be a completely separate from your personal page as you may not want clients knowing what you did at the weekend to do this you must create a completely separate profile and add a business page afterwards.
- Create a google account separate from your personal account and then a google plus page from here you can also create a business page here you can link you businesses to that page
- Create a twitter account separate from your personal account and also go create a business page connected to this account
- Create a linked in account separate from your personal account and also go create a business page connected to this account
- Create a hotmail account separate from your personal account and also go create a business page connected to this account
- Login to your google account or visit https://www.google.com/business/ and add you business using the GUI you can also add photos and opening times to your listing google will then send you a letter to confirm your address within a couple of weeks
- Login to your hotmail account or visit https://www.bingplaces.com/and add you business using the GUI you can also add photos and opening times to your listing google will then send you a letter to confirm your address within a couple of weeks.
- Through your WordPress website download https://jetpack.com/ and connect this to your blog.
- You must then connect jet pack with your social media services via the publicize part of your blog by following the instruction to give your authority to wordpress to send out your posts to all of your outlets when you post from your blog. Ps you can also turn these off and on.
- Register your codes from Bing places and Google places and search for you business using search terms you think your prospective clients will use, keep an eye on your competitors what are they offering .
I will continue next week with part 2 of my guide to social media success I hope you found this useful if you would like any help with your social media or website rebuild or updating please Contact us or if you wish to read one of our previous posts on social media and WordPress please use this link.
Thanks for reading.